Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Why is it going to school=being ill???

I don't get it, why is it as soon as school starts all children get ill in one way or another. Our kids have always always been so healthy. We never had an ear infection or any kind of '-itis' or anything more than a simple cold since birth.....until school happened! Now already this year, in less than two months of school, we've already had head lice in Emma that we have treated 5 times and we are still not sure that we got it all, throat infections in Austyn and Dagan, a stomach ache for Emma and some type of stomach bug or intestinal parasite in Dagan and now Dagan has a pretty bad cough and of course the three of them have the perpetual runny nose that I think every student has for the duration of their school years! Does this ever end? It could be worse...they have not had to miss very much from school so hopefully that continues and even through all of this, they have all managed to stay in pretty good spirits most of the time!

I had a scrapbook class again last night, I am really enjoying having the classes since I've started back after my summer break. I have such a good group of ladies that so faithfully take my classes and put up with my scattered brain...I wonder if any of them would believe that I actually did have a brain that could think straight once-upon-a-time...probably not! I have a couple crops that I will be attending in the near future so I will have more things to post up here soon...speaking of which, I have a page that I am trying to get going so I'm gonna be done for now...more later!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Kids are germ-bags, Kelly!!! I work in a school and it's like a little infection melting-pot!!! Have you tried a Robicomb for the dreaded head-lice. They're battery operated zappers and whilst they're not cheap,they cut out using chemicals and are very very easy to use and also very very effective. Hope the immune systems (of the kids not the nits!!) pick up soon.