Tuesday, September 6, 2011

What an outstanding Labor Day weekend. We spent quality time with great friends, new and old, we had some great time together as a family too. We were given tickets to the last home game for the Naturals Baseball, got to watch fireworks and eat ballpark peanuts (yum), ate yummy homemade mexican food, played softball (parents against the kids), ate smores around a fire and didn't melt from the heat, had a bbq at home with friends and went fishing, then had a lazy Monday with nothing really that we had to do. The weather was absolutely beautiful. A little too cool for swimming in the pool but breezy cool weather after all those high temperatures this summer was a welcomed treat. The extra day this weekend was so nice since our crazy busy school schedule, fall ball, guitar lessons.......has all started. I feel like a headless chicken more often than not in the last few weeks but I love it. Being busy is far better than trying to entertain 4 bored kids. :)  My "thankful" list is kinda long since I haven't posted it up here in a while.

--great friends  --beautiful weather  --dirty tree climbin' clothes  --big fish  --delicious bbqs  --bbq sauce from back home  --bday breakfasts  --special lunches  --fantastic Craigs List finds  --husband that supports me in EVERYTHING I do  --new outfits (& shoes) from grandmas  --allergies from the ball fields  --texts from dad  --beautiful words from the bible, spoken directly to me  --strong women full of courage  --quiet cool mornings  --sweet puppy sleeping at (or on) my feet  --lazy mornings with nothing to do  --managable To-Do lists  --health  --music that speaks to me  --making time to be creative  --feeling safe  --being appreciated  --quiet house after kids are back in school

No comments: