Monday, September 26, 2011

blessings in the midst of tears

I have such a heavy heart today. A very dear lady passed away this weekend, complications from her battle with cancer. She was my age. Why is it when someone dies we say, "she was too young" or "it so sad because she has kids" or "she was such a good chirstian woman". Would it make a difference if she didn't have all those things? Would it make it ok then? Would it hurt less? The fact is she was all those things and so much more. She had a huge heart for people, for kids, for her family and most importantly for Jesus. I have no doubt where she is now and she is rejoicing. Well done good and faithful servant. Regardless of how much comfort this brings to the family the fact remains that two beautiful children will grow up with only the legacy of how beautiful their mother was. I know it is not for us to understand God's ways and I have no doubt this was His will but my heart is still very heavy. I still mourn the loss of a dear woman and friend. It does make my one.thousand.gifts list that much more meaningful today. Through tears as I type my many blessings...

~ wonderful sprinkles of rain through the sunshine
~ neighbors sharing their love of horses with our kids
~ bickering that turns to laughter
~ afternoon football
~ busy schedules
~ dinner as a family
~ crafting time
~ cuddles with the cat
~ sweet early morning cuddles with the littlest one
~ hearing "mommy I need to go to the baf-room"
~ family time
~ technology


No comments: