Monday, January 5, 2009

Happy Birthday to me.....

Yesterday I turned 34 and I couldn't be happier! I woke up with an 8 day old gorgeous daughter beside me and 3 more bright happy faces grinning from ear to ear and saying happy birthday mommy!!! I was given homemade cards and a fabulous new set of 'snoopy' pajamas along with several hugs and kisses from everyone. Life doesn't get better than that! Along with the comfy pjs I also got a voucher for a facial and pedicure from Ty and a little money too from Ty's mom....little mini shopping spree and some pampering is in store for me...... :o) As if all that wasn't enough I also got to go to dinner--TWICE! Me and Ty and the wee one went to eat Thai food on Saturday night which was fab! This is the little missus all dressed up cute for dinner.


and napping after we got home....
This outfit was SO cute...it even has a little bity tail on the back! Adorable!!!

Then after church on Sunday and a lazy afternoon of doing nothing, the whole crew went to eat pizza and pasta Sunday evening. All in all it was a wonderful day. I am truly a lucky lady to have such a loving family that takes such good care of me!
This is Meara dressed up from her first Sunday at church...



She is just about back up to her birth weight now and doing fantastic. Her brother and sisters are so proud and are such a great help to us. They love her and it is incredible to watch their eyes widen when she smirks or smiles or coos and even when she doesn't do anything more than just lay there and sleep. Me and Ty are slowly getting used to not sleeping thru the night.....sort of. Its amazing how fast you forget....it also amazes me at how I can actually function, semi-effectively, on such a little amount of sleep. I'm not sure that it would be safe for me to operate heavy machinery or anything but the toaster and cappuccino maker haven't proved too difficult...........yet! ;o)
Emma's birthday (OMG she's going to be 8, when did that happen?!?!?!?) is on Friday and her party is on Sunday so I will be back here with pictures from that...check back in a few days.

2 comments:

Di's Dooodles said...

Oh Kelly that really does sound like an ideal birthday. Many Happy Returns - all be it a little late:)
Your little one is just adorable!!
Hope you enjoy your pamper day.

Mandy said...

awwwww look!!!!!!! she is such a little dottie! Happy birthday, you share your birthday with my sister too!!!!