Tuesday, July 8, 2008

We're gonna have a Christmas Baby!!!

Went last week for an ultrasound and found out we have a due date of 23 December which puts me almost 16 weeks along now. That was really good to hear, since we weren't sure of dates, even though it is just an estimate, it's still nice to have some type of an idea of when to expect the new little one. It was also good to 'see' him/her moving around in there and swatting at the doctor that was pushing in on my stomach/his or her little home. We got a great view of the perfect little spine and the doctor took measurements of the abdomen, head and length but that's about it because the baby would roll over off his/her stomach. I go back in October so maybe we can see more then. Not sure if we will find out the sex yet or not. I am doing ok, still feeling pretty yuky in the afternoon/evenings but I keep trying to convince myself it is getting better. I hope it is and that I don't have to have this through the entire pregnancy. All in all though really I don't have much to complain about, we are both healthy and that is a huge blessing!!! While laying down to try to rest today I think I might have felt a little flutter, can't be certain but it made me smile none the less!!! It's such a cool feeling!!

Let's see we've had so much going on, we moved houses (and with that lost our fast internet connection and now have dial up again) and my dad and step-mom came over for a visit. They stayed about 2 weeks and we all had a really nice visit! I think we spent of the time that they were here in the car...I'm pretty sure we drove all over Ireland...or so it seemed. They got to be here for the Girls' dance recital too which was HUGE to them!! They were so excited to have their grandma and grandad here for they're big nights. The recital was a great success which is especially amazing considering the chaos of the rehearsals. Thankfully everything went smoothly and most importantly that everyone had a great time! Of course we had the greatest, cutest and most wonderful dancers in the show! Obviously!!! ;o) We don't have any video (weren't allowed) but do have some pics...but will have to upload those at the office later.

Ok....so I think that's about it for now....more later

No comments: